Topic: I can’t control the LED strips from my phone/tablet/etc.
- Make sure the Bluetooth and hub is ON, and the customer is using a smart device compatible with the hub.
- Make sure you are within 30ft of the hub. Obstacles (e.g. walls) will decrease the sensing distance between the hub and phone/tablet.
- Check if all light strips are inserted to the hub’s ports in the correct direction. All arrows must align between LED strip with extension cable and to the port.
- Check if all connected pins are fully inserted.
- Make sure the LED strip is 20ft in length or less (includes strip and extension cable)
- If the above steps do not work, try restarting the hub and phone/tablet.
- What is the length of the LED Light Strips and Extension Cables?
- What is the maximum length of LED strips I can connect to each port on the hub?
- What happens if I connect more than 20ft (6m) of LED strips and extension cables?
- What is the output (amperage) per port?
- Can I customize the lengths of my LED strip?
- Can I use Winplus LED strips or extension cables with my other branded hub?
- Can I use other branded LED strips with the Winplus hub, extension cable, or light strip?
- My LED strips/hub no longer sticks to the surface.
- Is the kit compatible with Amazon Echo, Apple HomeKit, Nest, etc?
- Can I control the LED strips without the app?
- Where can the app be downloaded?
- What is the correlation between the port number on the hub to the one in the app?