Topic: What does the polarity protection circuit / Smart & Safe jumper cable do?
Our jump starter was designed with a number of safety features including:
- Reverse polarity protection ensures each clamp is on the correct battery terminal before completing the circuit
- Over-discharge protection prevents discharging when battery voltage is lower than allowed and shortening the battery lifespan
- Low voltage protection prevents battery drain when battery voltage is already low
- Reverse charging protection prevents the jumper cables from charging the power bank jump starter
- Short circuit protection prevents current from traveling along an unintended path
- Overheat protection prevents the device from jump starting function when the internal battery temperature is too high
- Spark-proof jumper clamps will not spark when clamps are connected to battery terminals
- Timeout protection ensures at least 30 seconds have passed between each jump start attempt to prevent overheating or accidental misuse of the device
- Temperature control protection prevents use of the jump starter when internal temperatures are too high
These safety features are monitored through a microcontroller chip to adjust as needed and also provides the current jump start status on the clamp box. The monitoring of your cable clamps and jump starter overall provides a better and safer way to jump start your vehicle compared to traditional jump starting methods.
- What is the input charge for this product?
- Why is no AC USB wall adapter included in the packaging?
- How do I turn the light on / go through the different modes?
- Can I bring this on my flight?
- What is the watt hour of the product?
- Can I jump start my 6V/24V/36V battery with this product?
- Can I jump start a diesel engine vehicle with this product?
- What is the battery capacity?
- What is the rated capacity?
- How many USB ports are there and what are their outputs?
- How often should I recharge the device?
- Can I use this jump starter to jump start my electronic wheelchair, riding lawnmower, generator, etc.?
- My vehicle does not jump start
- My jump unit will not charge
- What do the LED status lights on the clamp box mean?
- How long will the jump unit hold a charge?
- The flashlight/strobe light/hazard light modes do not work